Thursday, March 09, 2006

Neverland don't work; Mikey's home!

Check this out. Our friend Velvet posted this on the CTV board (yes, I relapsed again) and I'd heard a teaser about it on my local TV news channel. 'Bout time we'd say!

UPDATE 1: An update on the Neverland mess by Roger Friedman, that includes the news that Mikey's at the family compound in Encino meeting with some of his faithful employees, can be read here. Rog also details how the Encino home has been saved by a Jackson sib (who also paid some of Mikey personal bills, too) and about how Mikey's civil attorney for 2005 is suing for breach of contract now! Oh, and there's still the not-insignificant issue of the $270-million/ATV catalog foreclosure in there, too. Seems to us like Mikey's prince has come and gone if he's holed up in Encino... Or, do you think maybe he wants to be here to sign copies of the Katrina single at local Sam Goody's in person?!

UPDATE 2: More from Rog about Janet's footing the bill for her good-fer-nuthin' bro, Mikey's specific cash needs and the rest of the mess can be read here.

18 Comments:

Blogger Night Owl! said...

did i ever mention how much i like your laugh, CG?!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

morning, y'all... well, i've taken matters into my own hands and am currently standing on a stepladder in my master bedroom closet using my computer. it was the only way i could stay dsl connected, keep the floor clear for tile installers and catch the latest! even funnier than that are some of the comments here and on the CTV board... i still gotta ask though: where are the mikey apologists? only 'nature's stump' has shown up with anything to say... well, fritzola did too, but he just came to sniff and whine and a certain spinysauraus sent him packing... and that was last night.

who knew benefit bake sale planning would tie them up so?!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

the only thing i like better than the word 'shadenfreude' is feeling it... yes, i do got it bad... hopefully, when the flooring dewds arrive they don't wanna do the master b-room next... otherwise i'll have to come in through the attic on a cable to hang in through the vent to get to my keyboard...

kidding, i wouldn't...

7:42 AM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

what site are you reading this on? i think i have to break my 'no fan sites' rule to have a gander at this mess...

9:02 AM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

¡muchas gracias!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Stare Girl said...

The movieland wax museum is auctioning off their figures, that was such a great B-movie fest place.

I've been so busy working I just finished the actual News-Press article now! I have been jumping up and down with joy since this morning when I saw the banner two inch on the local newspress.

I love this site, knowing I am not alone in my hatred of all things Michael (and Neverland!)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

Well, we here at Jackolandia love you too! Thanks for being so nice...

8:47 PM  
Blogger Stare Girl said...

Yeah, I (disneyland) was like the second to last poster, I posted a link, woek up and the thread was locked.

It always starts with NS too. She has been on iggy for over a year here.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Stare Girl said...

I am thinking Friedman's source is in the family as well.

Jermaine would not surprise me.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Stare Girl said...

http://www.newspress.com/Top/Article/article.jsp?Section=LOCAL&ID=564698877794582556

<<
Well, weeks turned to months and there was still no single. Observers found it odd that the King of Pop, now in self-imposed exile in Bahrain, would take so long to record a single.>>

<<"We were wondering whether or not it was ever coming out," Andy Gibson, co-manager of the O'Jays, told the AP at the time. "They recorded their part of it two or three months ago."

One thing that might have slowed the process is the way in which it was recorded. Apparently artists contributed via satellite.

When I asked Bain exactly why the thing is taking so long, she reminded me of the sheik's comments, and added: "Michael is a perfectionist.">>

12:26 AM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

well, my floor-ers have gone for the day so i'm back on my closet shelf perch... i was hoping that 'jackolandia' wouldn't be mentioned on ctv but now that is has ain't nuthin' i can do about it except hope the floons ain't smart enough to search it out... thanks for not mentioning that it's a site or a blog or whatever... hopefully they'll just think it's G-slang for some haterz location they don't know about... which it kind of is, so there!

it was bound to happen, i'm not upset... but i really do hope to keep this a floon-free zone as long as i can!!

thanks everyone!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Stare Girl said...

Bug me not is still up, but here you go:

Username dobermanXX@hotmail.com
Password funkthisgame

Countdown until tomorrow...I don't think I will be reading that he paid. I wonder what will happen next. I will try to keep you updated, if anything happens tomorrow I'll post it here on my blog.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Stare Girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Stare Girl said...

It appears that he will be paying, hence the extra day.

Santa Barbara News-Press will take you to the article, use the login I gave earlier.

<<
Jackson gets another day

By Scott Steepleton

March 14, 2006 2:28 PM
As a relative keeps an eye on Neverland Valley Ranch and a local veterinarian pays the people who care for the animals there, Michael Jackson has been given one more day to come up with more than $400,000 in back wages and penalties imposed by state officials looking into possible labor and insurance violations at the Los Olivos ranch.

Renee Bacchini, a spokeswoman for the Department of Industrial Relations said the singer's accountants have pledged to hand over at least $306,000 in back wages and $100,000 in penalties by the close of business Wednesday.

At least 30 employees have filed claims for back wages, and that number, along with the pay and penalties owed, is expected to increase as the investigation goes on, said Ms. Bacchini.

Investigators went to the ranch this morning and found a Jackson relative "securing" Neverland, said Ms. Bacchini. An unnamed veterinarian was paying the people who take care of animals at the 2,600-acre ranch.
>>

It appears that the poor (dumb) vet is still giving care to Neverland.

I wonder how many will be going back to work now that they are paid from December.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

Roger Friedman sounds the death knell for Neverland announcing that it officially closed today with the employees being given their long overdue wages (along with a swift kick in the heinie for their loyalty) ... He still couldn't say who paid the bills for Mikey. Read the sad (for the worker's) story here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188181,00.html

BTW: Don't think your ol' Cuz doesn't like you or this blog anymore. It's just that between the house reno, the ongoing contractor angst and sudden family health crises (the latest addition to the mix) it's been hard to get on here as much as I'd like. Good to see you all carrying on quite nicely without me!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

I've been trying to post the above for an hour and blogger.com is being as cooperative as a flooring contractor (which ain't cooperative at all!)...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

ah, yes...i love that blog... and it is to salivate over... one of the worse hardships during this reno is that i have no kitchen at all... literally, just a hole where one should/will be... and it's killin' me cuz i love to cook and love to make gourmet treats... especially super indulgent desserts... did i mention i had a quintuple bypass 2 years ago?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Night Owl! said...

that food blog almost makes me want to travel... almost...

okay, back to jacko-baiting...

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Free Web Site Counter